History & Geography
Our history topic this term is all about castles
In history lessons we will be learning about...
- The Battle of Hastings in 1066!
- The Bayeaux Tapestry
- William the Conqueror
- The first castles built in England
- How castles changed over time
- The different parts of a castle and what they were used for
- Who lived in a castle and what jobs they had
- A knight's suit of armour
- How to train to be a knight!
A good website to look at to find out about castles at home can be found by clicking here!
Our geography topic this half term is all about Africa!
In geography lessons we will be learning...
- Where Africa is compared to all of the other contents and oceans in the world
- To look at maps and atlases to find out information about Africa
- How to use the key on a map to find more information about a place
- Learn about a place in Africa called Serrekunda, which is in a place called The Gambia
- About the famous landmarks that can be found in Africa!
In history this half term we will be looking at famous explorers!
These explorers will include:
- Edmund Hillary
- Neil Armstrong
- Robert Falcon Scott.
We will be learning about their expeditions and how they triumphed (or failed) to complete their missions!
In geography this half term we will be developing pour map skills!
- Explore a range of maps at a local, national and global level
- Learn how to navigate around an atlas to find key countries, continents, oceans and seas
- Create their own maps and routes.
- Learn how to ‘view from above’ looking at aerial photographs to spot human and physical features
- Understand simple map symbols and compass directions