This half term we will be...
then 50 and 100
- Counting in 2s, 5s and 10s
- Reading and writing numbers in numerals and words
- Learning the place value of 2-digit numbers (tens and units)
- Learning how to make and show numbers in different ways
- Ordering and comparing sets of objects and numbers.
- Comparing numbers by using the inequality signs: < = >
This half term we will be learning about addition and subtraction!
We will be...
- Adding and subtracting 1s
- Adding and subtracting 10 to and from any 2-digit number
- Finding number bonds to 10 and then other related facts
- Adding and subtracting a 1-digit number from a 2-digit number by crossing a ten
- Adding and subtracting 2 2-digit numbers
- Adding 3 1-digit numbers.
- Recognising coins and notes
- Selecting the right amount of money
- Finding amounts of money
- Making the same amount of money in different ways
- Finding the difference in order to find the right change.
- Multiplication- 2x, 5x and 10x. Taught as repeated addition, making equal groups and beginning to recall the facts.
- Division- 2s, 5s and 10s. Taught as repeated subtraction, sharing into equal groups and beginning to recall the facts
- Using a ruler to measure in cm to the nearest 1/2 cm
- Comparing lengths and height using mathematical vocabulary
- Know some units of measurment
- Using scales to measure and compare mass.
- Measuring capacity of different sized containers using different units
- Comparing mass and capacity using mathematical vocabulary
- Reading the temperature from thermometers in steps of one, two and ten
- Revision of all calculation methods for addition, subtraction, multiplication and division in preparation for SATS
- Word problem solving
- Telling the time to the nearest 5 minutes
- Making the same amount of money using different coins
- Statistics- tally charts, pictograms, block graphs
- Geometry- position and direction