This half term we will be...
- Practicing counting forwards and backwards within 20,
then 50 and 100
- Counting in 2s, 5s and 10s
- Reading and writing numbers in numerals and words
- Learning the place value of 2-digit numbers (tens and units)
- Learning how to make and show numbers in different ways
- Ordering and comparing sets of objects and numbers.
- Comparing numbers by using the inequality signs: < = >
This half term we will be learning about addition and subtraction!
We will be...
- Adding and subtracting 1s
- Adding and subtracting 10 to and from any 2-digit number
- Finding number bonds to 10 and then other related facts
- Adding and subtracting a 1-digit number from a 2-digit number by crossing a ten
- Adding and subtracting 2 2-digit numbers
- Adding 3 1-digit numbers.
We may even find some time to learn to use money by...
- Recognising coins and notes
- Selecting the right amount of money
- Finding amounts of money
- Making the same amount of money in different ways
- Finding the difference in order to find the right change.