History & Geography
Our history topic this term is all about castles
In history lessons we will be learning about...
- The Battle of Hastings in 1066!
- The Bayeaux Tapestry
- William the Conqueror
- The first castles built in England
- How castles changed over time
- The different parts of a castle and what they were used for
- Who lived in a castle and what jobs they had
- A knight's suit of armour
- How to train to be a knight!
A good website to look at to find out about castles at home can be found by clicking here!
Our geography topic this half term is all about Africa!
In geography lessons we will be learning...
- Where Africa is compared to all of the other contents and oceans in the world
- To look at maps and atlases to find out information about Africa
- How to use the key on a map to find more information about a place
- Learn about a place in Africa called Serrekunda, which is in a place called The Gambia
- About the famous landmarks that can be found in Africa!